1. Shaquille O’Neal: A champ on the courts and a natural at fighting crime, Shaq is the whole package. He served as a reserve officer for the Los Angeles Port Police, as well as the Miami Beach Police Department. It doesn’t stop there! Now, Shaq serves as a reserve officer with the Golden Beach Police in South Florida. Having completed at least two police academies, I think it is safe to say he is a lover of Law Enforcement.
THANK YOU SHAQ!
2. Chuck Norris: Why doesn’t this surprise me at all? Rumor has it that this martial arts superstar also served as a reserve police officer or deputy in Texas. While the mayor claims there’s no record of Norris’ service, it is known that he joined the United States Air Force as an Air Policeman (AP) in 1958 and was sent to Osan Air Base, South Korea.
THANK YOU CHUCK NORRIS!
3. Elvis Presley: Ironically, The King of Rock and Roll was a famous fan of law enforcement. Presley was know for collecting police badges and equipment. In 1970, Presley met with President Nixon to profess his disdain for the prevalent drug culture. As a result, Nixon made him an honorary drug enforcement agent.
THANK YOU ELVIS PRESLEY!
4. Lou Ferrigno: This is one celeb you do NOT want to mess with. Before taking on the role and alter ego of The Incredible Hulk, Ferrigno served as a full reserve deputy with the San Luis Obispo County Sheriff’s Office in 2012, after having served as a Los Angeles County reserve deputy since 2006. Yikes!
THANK YOU LOU FERRIGNO!
5. Dan Akroyd: Who ya gonna call? Ghostbusters! While he wasn’t a full blown police officer, this Blues Brother, Saturday Night Live alum, and Ghostbuster did hold an honorary police commission. He also served as an honorary commander with the Harahan Police Department in Louisiana, as he did much to support the department!
THANK YOU DAN AKROYD!