There was a time not long ago when duty sunglasses were pretty much just that, glasses to protect against the sun. They may have been able to shield your eyes from sunrays and flying sand or dirt, but that was the limit of the protection they offered. Then sports eyewear companies started using polycarbonate materials to make their lenses. That innovation led to stylish protective shades for shooters, construction workers, and other sports where high-velocity impact is likely. And that led the military to take interest and further develop tactical eyewear. Today, protective eyewear is a must have for both law enforcement and military personnel. Brands such as Oakley, 5.11 Tactical, Crossfire and Edge Eyewear have a variety of makes, models and features to choose from. Here are a few things to keep in mind when purchasing protective eyewear. Continue reading Safety and Protective Eyewear
Spring is here and the sun will soon start making an appearance (no, seriously, eventually this cold cold extended winter weather will subside).
We all know what it’s like to work outside or drive your patrol vehicle when the sun is shining bright. It’s difficult.
Glare makes it more difficult to see, slows reaction time and can simply just make it uncomfortable to operate a vehicle – squinting gets old! Whether you’re in law enforcement, medical care of fire safety, a great pair of sunglasses is important for your job.
You need sun protection
Fortunately, you have some great sunglasses options at Galls, including a range of glasses from Under Armour.
So, if you’re in the market for a new pair of sunglasses for work or off-duty use, take a look at the 2 option below.
You may also want to read How To Pick Good Sunglasses, an informative article from WebMD.
Under Armour Zone XL Sunglasses
- Zone XL is built off of the sleek UA Zone Chassis to ensure a lightweight durable sunglass
- The larger bottom rimless lens size maximizes on field vision
- This Sunglass provides the total package for on-the-field training and outdoor workouts
- ArmourFusion™ frame material provides a lightweight feel and strength for impact
- The Three-Point Grip ensures a comfortable and secure fit
- All Under Armour Performance Eyewear lenses block 100% of UVA, UVB and UVC rays
- See these sunglasses at the Galls website
Under Armour Power Sunglasses
- ArmourSight® lenses deliver 20% more undistorted peripheral vision, and are 10X stronger than ordinary polycarbonate lenses for ultimate durability and performance
- Ultra-light ArmourFusion® frames built from a combination of titanium and Grilamid® for maximum impact resistance
- Gray lenses are engineered for speed and motion activities, making these sunglasses ideal for a variety of outdoor sports
- 3-point grip ensures a comfortable and secure fit
- Advanced cushion hinge absorbs shock so you can keep moving without distraction
- All Under Armour® Performance Eyewear lenses block 100% of UVA, UVB, and UVC rays
- See these sunglasses at the Galls website
It’s the holiday season again and a good time to start thinking about little stocking stuffers that might be appropriate for police officers, fire fighters and others in public safety.
There are a lot of great options – gadgets, tools and other tactical gear that can be had without breaking the holiday budget. At Galls, we carry a variety of items that would make perfect gifts – many of them at $17 and below.
Also – visit Galls.com for occasional “percent off” or “free shipping deals. Many of those special deals can be had through the Galls email specials (sign up here for email deals).
3 Great Gifts for Under $17
1 – Duty Socks with Extra padding in the toe and heel:
Who doesn’t need a good pair of comfortable socks, especially for someone who’s on their feet all day. Extra padding in the toe and heel offer a thicker layer of protection and make an impact on the way feet and toes feel at the end of a long work day.
2 – Crossfire safety sunglasses:
An extra pair of sunglasses – or a back up pair – can really come in handy. The active work style and lifestyle of most law enforcement professionals means that the opportunity for broken or lost sunglasses is increased. A back up pair is a solid gift.
3 – Hearing Protection:
Active duty officers in all parts of public safety are bound to be in noisy situations. It’s nice to be able to “tune out” or dampen the surrounding noise. These novel earplugs won’t get lost either – they’re connected by a band that can be worn around the neck – and being bright orange, they’re hard to miss.
For more gift ideas for cops, firemen and other public safety officers, visit Galls.com.