Are you on your feet all day? Do you do a lot of standing, walking and running?
If you’re like most police officers, fire fighters, EMS or other first responders the amount of time spent on your feet is pretty substantial. And not only are you doing the usual standing, walking and running but you’re probably doing those things while squatting, lifting, twisting and more. Your feet take a pounding. Galls can help!
As we all know, foot pain – and the possibility of associated back pain – is simply not enjoyable. But there are some simple solutions to making your job more comfortable.
Are you wearing supportive socks?
Finding the right sock for your job and the right sock for your shoe or boot is extremely important. Your sock offers a protective level of support between your foot and the harder, rougher interior of your footwear. A thicker, more cushioned sock can bring comfort and stability to your feet.
What should you look for in a supportive sock?
- Softness and cushioning without a ‘bulky’, ‘heavy’ or ‘bunching’ feeling
- Socks that help keep your feet warm and dry
- Fabric that pulls moisture away from your skin
- Additional arch support to reduce foot fatigue and help with circulation
- Socks that can add a level of shock absorption and foot protection
- Socks that neutralize the microbes that cause odor
- Socks that allow for proper blood circulation (i.e., not tight or binding)
- Are you buying the correct size?
Here are two supportive socks that we carry at Galls.
- Check to make sure the insole fits in your boots or work shoes – you don’t want to have to ship items back!
- Contoured support to arch area, ball of foot and foot pads near the toes
- Cooling vents to keep feet cool and dry
- Deep heel cup for motion stability
- Do they carry antibacterial protection to help with odors?
- Some insoles allow you to trim the edges so they better fit your footwear
Here are 3 supportive insoles that we carry at Galls.
At Galls, we care about your feet!
With the right set of socks and insoles for your workboots or shoes, you can make a huge difference in the way your feet feel at the end of the day. Who wouldn’t want some extra support, especially with such simple solutions?