Join Galls as it celebrates with the University of Kentucky Police Department on winning the 2011 Public Safety Uniform of the Year Award.
Each year, The North American Association of Uniform Manufacturers & Distributors (NAUMD) recognizes a Public Safety or Law Enforcement organization for it’s uniform quality. The goal is to promote ‘function and style’ with the realization that an agency’s uniform plays an important role in their everyday duties.
Uniforms are evaluated by an independent panel of judges who consider:
- Overall design excellence of the uniform
- Innovative design for use within the environment and special conditions in which the uniform must be worn; innovation in fabric and style which enhance safety standards implementation
- Effectiveness in meeting the image goals of the department
- Use of fabrics, design and accessories to develop a uniform program that meets the department’s objectives for image and functionality
- Overall attractiveness of the uniform
- Effectiveness in the immediate identification of teams/units by the public and government agencies
Speaking on behalf of Galls, company president Larry Dismukes said, “we take great pride and care in providing the highest quality products to the public safety and emergency personnel who rely on us for their professional needs.”
“We are honored that NAUMD recognizes our commitment to support the men and women who serve in demanding jobs that protect us all.”
5.11 Tactical designed the winning uniform. Their design met or exceeded all of the requirements of the award and exemplified NAUMD’s goal of incorporating ‘function and style’ into uniform design.
“Many organizations and departments require the look of a formal uniform, but need the function of a tactical uniform to be able to maximize on-the-job performance,” said Dan Costa, Chief Executive Officer of 5.11 Tactical. “That is why we created the PDU, with feedback from real police officers, and the University of Kentucky is the latest department to embrace it.”
“The University of Kentucky police love our Patrol Duty Uniforms (PDUs). They have saved us a lot of money as well as given us a clean, professional appearance,” said Joe Monroe, Chief of Police for the University of Kentucky.
“The quality is obvious because they hold up better than all of our other uniforms, even with all the wash, work, and wear that we put them through.”
Please join us in congratulating the University of Kentucky Police Department and 5.11 Tactical in their great accomplishment.